Its not just a job . Its a mission . If youre as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then youll be right at home with us.
Recognized as one of D.C.s Top Workplaces each year, Rapid Finance is the nation’s leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners. By providing access to working capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
If you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment, consider this opportunity as a Legal Assistant! The i deal candidate will have a can-do, anything-is-possible, the-client-comes-first attitude and be responsible for helping to prepare for cases and hearings. Their duties include gathering information, discussing with clients, involving in preparatory work, studying regulations, and drafting documents.
It would help if you were incredibly well-organized, detail-oriented, and have good writing and people skills. Please note that this job requires you to take on all administrative tasks as needed. We have to brag…our Legal Team ROCKS! Their goal is to maximize recoveries and provide high-quality, innovative legal solutions with integrity, professionalism, and respect for internal and external customers.
If you are ready, we have an awesome opportunity for you in our corporate office in Bethesda, MD , a couple city blocks from the Bethesda Metro .
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A HIGH PERSONAL STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE AND A DRIVE FOR RESULTS ATTITUDE TO ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING:
- Perform administrative tasks to aid other legal team members by sending mail, scanning and copying documents.
- Assist with management of high volume of debt collection lawsuits.
- Document completed tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare legal documents including correspondence, pleadings, and memos.
- Monitor internal systems to ensure immediate processing and keeping high-level customer service standards.
- Contribute to the development of company processes to simplify work, standardize procedures and help the team operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Complete assigned tasks as needed.
SUCCESSFUL LEGAL ASSISTANT CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Polished computer and typing skills & technical operations, telephone etiquette, and accuracy. Experience with several types of software, including word processing and email programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with document scanning and data entry
- Excellent c ommunication skills – strong verbal and written communication skills are essential in order to speak with lawyers, write emails and letters, and find research materials for legal cases
- A collaborative leadership style with the ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions.
- Experience documenting business requirements and processes.
- Strict attention to detail, ability to multi-task and juggle many job tasks at once, have “go-getter” mentality, and ability to independently problem-solve and make decisions.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Love Our People . You are passionate about work. You keep our team members at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes. You arent overly concerned with whats in your job description- if something needs to be done, youre willing to do whatever it takes to make the team successful.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
- You Want To Make An Impact. You strive to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future growth of our business.
- You Dream Big . You pride yourself on not waiting to be told what to do, but finding solutions that will support the success of Rapid Finance.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT US:
At Rapid Finance, we support our team members growth and desire to live well-rounded lives. Our company is expanding and we are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Come work with US! We are ranked a Top Workplace in Washington D.C., Detroit, and the Nation-these awards mean the world because it’s based on feedback from our people!
We offer generous team benefits including a commuting/parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Rapid Finance is committed to a diverse workforce an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). We will consider all applications without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.