Business Analysis Manager
Business Analysis Manager, Retail Bank
As a Business Analysis Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You’ll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The horizontal strategy and analytics team within the Bank marketing team has a broad mandate that spans across Bank and the Capital One Enterprise more broadly. We engage on a number of high visibility strategic projects, including the articulation of our Checking Strategy, our COVID scenario planning for investment decisions, leading cross-LOB growth initiatives, sizing external partnership opportunities and conducting pitches, in addition to understanding the impact of our marketing across many dimensions (e.g., early checking account quality reads, valuing the intersection of marketing and physical presence).
We are on a very exciting journey to build a strong national bank franchise. We are currently doubling down on our Checking marketing and acquisitions efforts, but very soon we will need to focus on growing via Checking and Savings acquisitions, engagement, and retention. This is the next step in our journey to becoming a leading national bank – and a critical strategic problem we need to solve.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership: Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Marketing: Partner with marketing pods to lead direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.